Monday, November 29, 2010

Seva at the Seva

Got to Santa Cruz a  couple of days ago.  In town for six  nights total ~  leaving on the 3rd. Splitting  up the nights between the Zami House and the Cesar Chavez House.  Zami's house computer was down so I haven't really been able to update.  Tonight I'm up at Chavez and am able to update.   

 Dave and I spent the majority of our last two  days together at Chaitanya Saraswat Seva Ashram.  This is (officially) the first ashram I have visited.   Had a great experience with the Krishnas.   Very generous are the Krishnas.  Always giving, giving, giving.   

The dining hall where prasadam is received by devotees.
Ate a lot of prasadam.  Couldn't resist.  After a couple of days of cooked food, however, my body definitely needs a break so I'm back to rawly goodness.


Sacred Tulsi growing room.

This is a hard core composting pit!!!



The Krishnas gave us fruit and books as well  as the joy of participating in kirtan, receiving  teachings, performing seva, and the mighty, mighty prasadam.  Krishna prasadam is sooooo  good!  I ate way more than I need to/should have.  In our free time, Dave and I played in the hills on thier 29 acre sanctuary.

Love Light Harmony Peace Joy in Abundance
Aum namah Sivaya









No comments:

Post a Comment