Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Best Christmas In Ages

Woke up just after 4:00am and was inspired to perform house-hold seva  until 12:30 while fasting.  Didn't eat until close to 2:00pm when I had a pear and a kiwi.  

Went down to Coolidge with one of my best friends, Chris Leavitt (of the Leavitt Files) to visit my folks.  There were several obstacles.  Even these seemed to be blessings in disguise and everything worked out marvelously, as if a mercy was granted through genuine love and compassion.  ;)

The highlight of my Christmas was connecting with my parents.   Received a guitar lesson from my father and applied for a new birth cert with mom.  Very healing/strengthening to the root chakra.
 
Another highlight was being the designated driver around Coolidge and on the way home.  I've intentionally avoided driving for most of my adult life because it seemed stressful and bothersome.  Road a motorcycle for about 4 years in my 20's but that didn't seem to bother me.  There's been a feeling that I should get a regular license in 2011... it may be useful in where I'm taking myself.


Brother J and I made two gingerbread-pumpkin pies the day after.  I made the gluten-free, almost vegan (has honey) gingerbread crust.  Bro J made the filling out of a big pumpkin, coconut milk, eggs, and spices.  It was a bit of a learning curve and we made note of things we'd do differently again ~ but for the most part we're pretty happy with the results...  DELICIOUS!!!


Yesterday was a day of fasting and silence  My Mondays are going to be dedicated to this from now on in order to ensure that I take time to slow down and just be.  I slept a lot which surprised me.  My average length of sleep is 4-6 hours a day now with no naps.  I took a two hour nap and slept for 9 hours through the night.  Wow! 

On days of fasting and silence, I do not use the computer, avoid entertainment, or communicating on any level.  This includes hand signs, nodding, and writing.  It is also essential to keep chores/activities to a minimum and refraining from public life. 

May you be blessed:
body, mind, heart, spirit, and energy
with light, love, peace, harmony, joy, health, and abundance


 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Starlyn,
    I knew intuitively that you were having a day of silence yesterday and am glad you are doing so. Also it is wonderful you had such a great Christmas with your folks and I am very happy for you. Imagine you are even driving now!
    I am hoping to hear from you sometime and look forward to seeing you too.

    Love and light,
    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. How was your Christmas with Anne and friends? Did you get any new power tools. ;)

    Loving You,
    ~starlyn

    ReplyDelete