Saturday, December 4, 2010

Chavez House


Down the street from Zami (on the way to the Food Bin) is the Food Not Lawns house.

It is a shame that I did not go play with the FNL people.   Really, that should have been like a mecca for me. Every time I passed by there was "things to do" that day.  Like I've got this burdening schedule or something, right?

The Food Not Lawns movement really calls to my heart. I dream of the day when our cities are no longer pesticide riddled landscapes of "ornamental" foliage in an attempt to keep up appearances.  Can you imagine a world in which we could walk down the street and make lunch as we go?  It's totally within our abilities.


Chavez...
  ...home of the toast cat!
Sorry but I got  lazy and didn't take many pics while at Chavez... which is such a pity cause their small scaled garden was pretty impressive, actually.   Yah, just needed a break from all that noise of documenting to be with myself for a couple of days.


You are looking at the hands of a great sage-like being who I originally met at Eden Hot Springs  in Arizona this year.  Brother Adam was there with the Wind Spirit Community, graciously invited by Michael Stephens.  He's been wandering here and there for the past seven years. 

I ran into this brother at the Jaberwalki off of Pacific and Cathart.  He recognized me and that story I'm carrying along with me.  I didn't recognize him at first.  He seemed taller, older, different somehow.  We got him a spot at Chavez for the night.  Such a blessing to enjoy a salad and conversation with my brother.  What a soul... even his departure was full of blessings.


Blessings of Love, Light, Peace, Harmony, and Joy in Abundance!

1 comment:

  1. I so love the edible landscaping movement! There are so many plants that are attractive AND edible! Planting fruit or nut trees, herbs in borders, and attractive edible plants in beds. You CAN have an attractive, edible landscape!

    ReplyDelete