Monday, October 11, 2010

In Quartzsite

Started my journey with a camping trip up to the Wilhoit area with my buddy, Brian.  We enjoyed a good fire, ate dinner, and did ceremony.  This was my last night in a familiar spot with a familiar person from my life in Tempe.  The morning found me on top of the mountain just across the wash, to the East.  Up there I chanted the mantra "I am safe and secure" 108 times.  At breakfast I said  a prayer for safety and security, in addition to the mantra.  There was still some uncertainty... what does tonight have in store for me?  And tomorrow night?  It was the morning of the 9th and Spirit has communicated to cross the border on the 11th.

Down the road aways we came to Yarnell, my favorite small town.  Stopped at Brand-New-Dead-Things, 22877 Highway 89, Yarnell, AZ  85362, 928-427-6393.  I bought two post cards, a vulture feather to replace the one offered in the cave fast, and a bar of natural soap to give away.  

Part of me wanted to make decisions.  I wanted to control... but I gave it up to Spirit and also trusted in my good friend {Brian} who is well traveled and knows the roads and places far better than I.  Brian went far out of his way for me.  At Quartzsite he stopped for gas and I got out to ask about camp grounds, as the road signs claimed there was camping nearby.  The young woman I asked was very helpful but the info was a bit superfluous until I came clean that I'm just passing through and looking for a place to lay low for a couple of nights.  At the time all I had in mind was a couple of bushes.  The woman then directed me on to the Isaiah 58 Project of Arizona.

Isaiah 58 Project of AZ is a non-profit sanctuary for travelers, especially those that are in need of charity.  During the high seasons (Fall - Spring) they get a lot of people through.  The site is headed up by Pastors Mike and Linda, who minister in church connected to the dinning hall.  True Christians, they people hear are dedicated to spreading the Word but don't cram it down your throat... it's totally optional if you want to attend their services.  If not, they love and feed you just the same.  To anyone passing through Quartzsite, this is a great place to stop if you need some help, a warm meal, shower, clothes, a prayer, a friend, or whatever... 

To get there, get off the 10 at the first exit and take Main street past the signal light to Moon Mt. Road, turn right and look for it on the left.

Lots of stories and a couple of photos but can't upload from this computer.  Going on West later on today, staying with a Bible scholar if I can get as far as Baumont.

Love and Light!

3 comments:

  1. josh and i were married in yarnell. it's a wonderful city with a really great energy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you continuously beautiful woman! Glad to hear your stay in Quartzite has been positive looking forward to your next post.
    Love,
    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  3. thinking about you all the time and trying not to worry ;)
    neat background you found! i gotta hit up that dead things store some day!

    ReplyDelete