Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Leaving Oceano Today

Today I'm hitting the road again, around noon.  Heading South toward Santa Barbara.  Sruti Ram & Ishwari, my favorite kirtan group, are playing at Yoga Soup on Saturday so I'm making a special out-of-the-way trip back to experience  and share in their devotional expressions on this pilgrimage.


 My time here at Tierra Nueva has been so blessed and joyful, so full of service and yoga.  Seva (service) began with helping prepare the community mean the night I arrived and ended by preparing a raw-vegan meal on my last night's stay as well.  In the middle was also another meal prep/service (also raw-vegan), and three volunteer days.

My initial host, Amy, was so gracious as to loan me her bike to get around town.  It's a Specialized.  Their design Engineers specifically address women's anatomical needs on a bicycle .  Most companies just make a man's bike but make it smaller.  Women are not only smaller but we are proportioned differently and have different muscular features.  Back in Tempe I would daydream about the day I'd get to ride around on a Specialized... but they are so expensive that I couldn't imagine spending the money.  As I rode around in the cool ocean air I had to giggle with the realization that in letting go of everything I was able to actualize my dream.

It's funny how things happen.




Sunlight through the fog...  
Aum namah Siva 
Aum namah Siva 
nammo nammo Sivaya
nammo nammo Sivaya
  Aum

Much Love and Light to the whole Tierra Nueva Community, past, present, and those on their way to join their brothers and sisters, Spirit Family.

1 comment:

  1. Talk to me when you get back and we'll make that Women-specific Specialized dream a reality. I have plenty of friends who work for bike shops. I think we can find something suitable. :-)
    May your heart shine like a million suns.
    Chrispy

    ReplyDelete