Monday, November 22, 2010

Sri Kirtan!

The first time I heard Ishwari's voice was the day I returned from the Peyote Way Church, just prior to setting out on this journey.  I'd gone to the Peyoyte Way to pay my respects to Immanuel's resting place.  Immanuel is the elder who told me to fast for two nights every 90 days...
 While there, a cold had taken over my health and my voice was deformed by it.  My ride back to town and I stopped at Julia's house where I put on pandora.com.  Jai Jagadambe came on.  These words I'd not heard yet somehow felt a connection to.   As I began to sing along the words, my voice instantly healed.  It wasn't just the words though, it was that magnificent voice!  Jai Sri Ishwari!


For a taste of their music, go check out their website.  I highly recomend listening to:
Jai Jagadambe
Panduranga Vitale
Jai Kali Ma

Sri Kirtan has become my favorite kirtan group  in the past month and a half.  They are the reason I hitched a ride down to BIKO house to be in the Santa Barbara area even though I was up at San Luis Obispo, which is an hour and a half away to see the show on the 20th.  Also, worth mentioning is that Ishwari, every generous and kind, allowed me to be in the audience without paying due to the nature of the trip.  I did splurge and buy a cd, however, for a very compassionate discount (hitchhiker's discount).  :P

The sunrise as we left Goleta.  Saw several hawks in the early morning - very close to the car.  One almost flew into us, actually!  L.A. host, Dave, has been so inspired to join me and pilgrimage as well.  We also picked up a really wonderful person, Jamie, at BIKO House and are taking him as far as Mt. Shasta today where we all hope to find space at the Dreamlodge.  We've been chanting along to the Sri Kirtan cd along our route with jouyful spirits.

Sing and be joyful!
Sing and be joyful!
May blessings rain on your parade!
May you love big and sing and be joyful!

Aum namah SiVa

No comments:

Post a Comment