Monday, November 22, 2010

Squatting in Oakland & Hari Krishnas

Our arrival at Hellarity was met the sound of accordion music.  

My first line of duty was to make a big pot of soup from the free produce area while chanting to Lord Siva.  

 A wonderful traveler, Yahner, with a hand drum joined me and instant bhajan sprung into the atmosphere.  Soon we were joined by another person who began to play the piano and sing.  And I have to say, the young man who belted out his sultry song about the creepy night in Long Island has got to be one of the most talented piano players on this continent.  I thought of Brother Joshua and imagined what elation he would feel in hearing this song.  The best I can describe it is that Eli gives Tom Waits a run for his money!


 Dave, Jamie, Yahner, and I went down to the Krishna Temple and enjoyed a lively ceremony before prasad.

No comments:

Post a Comment