Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Ninjas... damn!

Hand painted (without stencil) devotional Mayan art is all over the Greyhound station in Santa Barbara.  All was done by some guy that use to work there, according to the guy (Ben) who works there now.


Got a ride to Santa Barbara with someone from craigslist at the last minute from SLO and then caught the Greyound the rest of the way to Los Angeles. Original plan was to stop off in Santa Barbara for a few nights but there was a strong vibe from Spirit that I should get to my last stop and have a couple days to myself before Initiation.


My ride to SB was with a lady named Heidi who is on a parallel with me.  We're both Geminis, only a few years apart, both into non-obligatory lifestyles, yoga, raw foods, and have been in a similar head and heart space lately.  As we shared our stories, the twilight zone music played in my head.  Even our challenges seem to mirror one another.    


The afternoon bus was full so I had to wait until 8:00pm.  It actually worked out well for me.  I'd been feeling a bit challenged and needed a break so I went to see a movie.  It's a luxury that I just don't afford myself anymore.  Today felt like a good day for a rare treat. 


I saw the Warrior's Way.  Someone was telling me that I should see it but I forgot.  Guess it got in on a deeper level. So glad it did 'cause I laughed so much!!!  Normally I don't like seeing movies alone but it's a good thing I was.  Surely they would have been embarrassed.  There are all these corny jokes.  Near the beginning a midget takes off his top-hat off to show the "8" etched into his hair (because his name is 8-Ball).  When I heard myself laughing I just wanted to laugh more and more.  It felt like laughter yoga with Caity.


Early on in the film I thought that I saw Geoffery Rush but second guessed... naw, thats just a bad knock off trying to do a drunken style recreation of his Marquis roll in Quills.  Look ~ they even gave him a couple similar lines.  Later in the movie I realized that it is actually Mr. Rush himself doing the drunken knock off of his own performance.  Not his best  ~ though I was convinced he was drunk.


If you love carnival folk, ninjas, and cowboys... this is the holy trinity of that ~ with Goeffery Rush on top (like a brandied cherry).

2 comments:

  1. I'm high on a swirl of art and pot and this just sings to me right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessed way to be, brother!

    ReplyDelete